Bob Frame Plumbing Services, Inc began serving the Michiana area over 86 years ago. Today, four generations later, the company remains dedicated to the same core values important to Samuel Frame in 1932: honesty, quality, integrity and service.
The company relocated to 2442 Jaclyn Court in South Bend in 2013 as a part of the reconfiguration of U.S. 31. Bob Frame Plumbing currently employs 15 people, who receive state-of-the art training and education in order to do their jobs at the highest level possible.
Bob Frame Plumbing is an award-winning local company recognized nationally for its adherence to safety issues.
We also have a long tradition of giving back to the Michiana community. We have donated our services on multiple occasions at the St. Joseph County 4-H Fairgrounds. These donated services consisted of providing water lines to the livestock barns and maintaining & improving the water supply systems throughout the fairgrounds.
Bob Frame Plumbing has also served their community by giving back to local school athletic programs.
From Simple Beginnings to State-of-the-Art
Back in 1932, Samuel Frame opened a plumbing business on Miami Street in South Bend. He had one truck, one employee and a vision for the future. Today, over 86 years later, we now have 5 plumbing service vans, 2 drain service vans, 2 vac trucks, 1 specialized sewer televising truck, 2 underground utility dig trucks and several different excavating pieces of equipment. But in many ways, our mission is still the same- to provide the best service in the area through strong relationships with all of our customers. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a homeowner without hot water or a municipality in need of drain cleaning and our vac truck, we will always put the customer first. Four generations of the Frame family have worked in the business: Samuel, Robert, David and now Tyler. Our commitment is focused on our customers and our community.
National Safety Award in 2013
Bob Frame Plumbing Inc. received a Federated Insurance national safety award for the company’s “vigilant approach to loss control.”
The seventh annual Safety First! Contractor of the Year Award was given to Dave Frame, owner of Bob Frame Plumbing, at the annual convention of the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling-Contractors Association in Las Vegas. The award recognizes companies taking advantage of its risk management resources to effectively implement best practices in the area of safety.
Some of those practices include incentive programs based on safety, such as, a designated risk manager on staff, regular and scheduled safety meetings, random drug and alcohol testing and having a return to work/ light duty program. Dave Frame received the award from Scott Warren, Director of Association Risk Management Service at Federated Insurance.
The City of Mishawaka, an entity that frequently works with Bob Frame Plumbing, commented that safety is of prime importance to the company. “Not only do they have the proper safety devices in place for protection of their employees, but they carefully plan a project to be sure they execute it in the safest manner rather than the least expensive,” according to Tom Dolly, Manager, Department of Sewer Maintenance.
- The Indiana PHCC (Plumbing Heating and Cooling Contractors Association) recognized Owner Dave Frame as Indiana Contractor of the Year in 2004. He is a past president of that organization. The Indiana General Assembly and the South Bend Common Council also recognized him for his work with the state association.
- Frame is a past president of the St. Joseph Valley PHCC, where he has served on various committees, including labor negotiations, health and welfare, entertainment and marketing. His father, Bob Frame, also served as president of the St. Joe Valley PHCC.
- The PHCC National Association honored Frame with the runner-up, contractor of the year Delta Faucet Award in 2005.
- Dave Frame is a member of the Health & Welfare Committee of Local 172 Plumbers & Pipefitters
- Frame is also on the State Board of the National Utility Contractors Association (NUCA) and a Co-Chair of the Union Affiliate Contractors (UAC)